Who are "Alumni"?
JCU alumni are valued members of a global community and we consider each and every one an ambassador for JCU. Once you qualify as an alumnus because of your studies or by virtue of being a staff member, you are a member of this global community.
JCU alumni are defined as:
The Alumni of the James Cook University consist of the following:
- all members of Convocation, as set and defined in JCU Statutes (no. 1): http://www.jcu.edu.au/policy/allitoz/JCUDEV_011130.html ;
- graduates of the university (including the other institutions listed in Convocation)
- all current and former staff who have served for at least two years, including academic and general staff;
- all former students of JCU (including the other institutions listed in Convocation) who have successfully completed the equivalent of at least one full-time teaching period (i.e. three subjects minimum of 9 credits points achieved);
- all donors who have given a cumulative gift of at least $1,000.
The convocation of the university consists of the following -
(a) all graduates of the university and all graduates of the Townsville College of Advanced Education;
(b) all members and past members of the council and all past members of the council of the Townsville College of Advanced Education;
(c) all past members of the Advisory Council of the University College of Townsville;
(d) graduates of the University of Queensland who, while undergraduates, were enrolled at least three years at the University College of Townsville;
(e) all members of the academic staff and general staff of the university who have requested to be members of the convocation and have been employed by the university for at least two years continuously at the time of the request; and
(f) such other persons who accept an invitation from the council to become members of the convocation.